Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year.... Yikes!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! We rang in the new year as we have the past few years, at our friends, The Hoekstras, house. It was quite the party! Lots of food, card games, music, dancing and a general good time. The boys were both working at Mr. B's, making lots of money and staying out of trouble. By the time we left the party around 1:00 it had started snowing and I heard people at the party talking about snow coming. Guess I should have listened to the weather or news the past few days because I wasn't expecting this at all. I've heard several reports today, 9 inches, 12 inches and then on tonight's news they even mentioned our town, which they never do, as receiving 15 inches!! Thank goodness we have a wonderful neighbor who owns a snow blower and a little after noon he came over to help dig (or blow) us out!

This was what I saw after I let the pups out! They couldn't walk the snow was so deep so they just hopped around like bunnies trying to find a good place to relieve themselves.


The snow was a real heavy, wet one as you can see from the way it sticks to everything.


Thankfully we had no place to go today. I watched the Rose Parade this morning on HGTV (no commercials) and then we watched U of M kick Florida's butt, I made a few snacks and now we are getting ready to eat our traditional New Year's dinner of ham, scalloped potatoes, black eyed peas and corn bread. After that, no more eating, ever!! And no more cooking. I'm done, really, too much, it's over... until tomorrow!

HAPPY NEW YEAR and A HEALTHY, HAPPY 2008!!

No comments: