Friday, July 25, 2008

Room For Rent...

I guess this must be what empty next syndrome feels like! Not that we would know. No, it's not what you think. Scott hasn't moved out. He has already informed us that he will be living in our basement until he's 30!

One morning I heard a lot of cheeping going on and discovered the babies had flown the coop! I don't know for sure but I'm telling myself they are alive and well and enjoying the beautiful Michigan sunshine!!

It's been a beautiful week here in Michigan. The windows have been opened, sun shining and no rain to speak of since maybe Monday? The flowers are blooming, birds singing and everyone is happy in their little Michigan world!


I've taken the pups to the park or school field almost every day or else to their respective classes. Something is up with Charlie. He's turned into Chicken Little and really thinks that the sky is falling. He's developed a real fear of thunder storms which is bad enough but since July 4 he's also become afraid of fire works (or any loud pop or boom). It seems every time I go up to the high school some kind of boom goes off and he takes off running. Usually back to the parking lot and to the car but today he even ran past the car up to the school building. Yesterday we were at the park and it was a truck rumbling by somewhere. Tuesday night at obedience class someone was shooting off a rifle down the road (this place is out in the country) and he freaked out and we had to go inside to complete our lessons while everyone else was just fine outside. It's depressing but I don't think he will outgrow this. Just something we are going to have to learn to live with.


Here they are, friends to the end!


All I can say is it's a good thing this one is such a beauty but it's only surface beauty. Inside she's a rabid dog, growling and lunging at anyone who passes by us at Agility Class. Even the sweet Golden Retrievers, Chocolate Labs and cute little Shelties are not safe around this one. She even thinks she can take on the German Shepherd (who is equally rabid, growling and lunging) but she is so wrong there. That dog would definitely eat Zoe. She's an embarrassment to me at class and I'm continually having to bribe her with cheese and chicken as we wait to take our turn on the course. Once on the course she has her nose to the ground and runs through the course with my "gentle" persuasion. I'm not sure if people feel sorry for me or hate me, I think it's mixed. Like I said, it's a good thing she's pretty!

No comments: