Sunday, June 15, 2008

Let Me Just Say...

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!! That being said, we had no students at school until Friday. We still had no power Wednesday or Thursday but staff had to report on Thursday. We finally got the power back late Thursday night but had planned for students to return for the 1/2 day on Friday, power or not. It was very hectic, all students cleaning out desks and lockers that should have been cleaned out earlier in the week, year book signings, 5th Grade Clap Out, everything condensed into that 1/2 day. When the students left at 11:30 we went out to lunch to celebrate the closing of another year! Then it was back to work packing up the room and cleaning what we could.
It was a beautiful weekend here in Michigan! We were able to turn the air off and open the windows and it was sunny and breezy all weekend. Yesterday morning I got up and made bagels. I had seen the recipe the day before so I made the starter Friday night. Saturday morning I mixed the ingredients then made a quick trip to the Farmer's Market for some eggs and another tomato plant. When I got back home I finished up the bagels. Let's just say I learned a few things and know what I will do different next time.

They were edible and as Howard said "chewy"! The next batch will be better! Later Saturday afternoon we attended an Open House next door. Then it was back home for more yard work.
Today we spent a quiet Father's Day around the house. Howard and Scott went to the driving range for a little while for some Father/Son time and we had a nice dinner of burgers, potato salad and macaroni salad. After dinner we took the pups up to the field for a nice run. This is what they looked like when we got home!

Worn out!
I called my Dad today. He seems to be hanging in there. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since he called to tell me about his Stage 4 Lung Cancer. He continues to fight and try different treatments.
So now that summer is officially here and I have weeks and weeks ahead of me I'm ready to start the de-cluttering! I'm gonna hit every room by the time school starts again in August! Ok, now that I've written the words here I have to do it, right? Right?? Right!! I'll keep you in the loop of my progress!
The only other things I have going this week is going to get my facial from my fabulous Birthday Spa Day and then Zoe starts Agility Thursday evening. That should be interesting!
Here are a few more pictures from the weekend.

I found this butterfly in my neighbor's yard. He just fluttered down to the ground. He stayed there for hours so I decided to put him on the deck on the table, for safekeeping. The next morning he was gone. I hope he didn't get eaten by a racoon!


Today I saw this cool moth on my kitchen cabinet. I couldn't believe how well he matched the paint!



Cute little squirrel eating all the sunflower seeds!



My Beauties!!

No comments: