Sunday, February 10, 2008

Let's Begin With The End...

And the end is, Amber is just fine now! However, last night around 6:30 when I called to see how her "stomach ache" was, she said she was in the emergency room at the hospital. After that brief announcement our phone connection ended! After a brief moment of panic I called her back and with a little patience got the rest of the story. Seems her "stomach ache" was back so they decided to go to the emergency room where the Dr.'s initial diagnosis was appendicitis. Believe it or not, that can be hard to diagnosis even with all the fancy tests they have these days. They ended up operating around 10:30 last night, she was in recovery from 11:30 to 1:30 a.m. and when I spoke to her this morning around 8:00 a.m. she sounded great! And another amazing thing is that they released her late this afternoon and she was home by 5:00. She's supposed to take it easy for a few days and if she's feeling ok she can even go back to work at the end of the week.

When I had my appendix out 25 years ago I was in the hospital for 4 days and couldn't go back to work for over a month! Modern medicine is amazing! It's also odd that both Amber and I had our appendix out at about the same age! I'm just glad all went well and now she's at home being fussed over, I'm sure, by Andy.
In other news, the sun came out today. I have proof, just look at these pictures!


Oh, but wait. There is a price to pay for all that beautiful sunshine here in lovely Michigan. It's called: the temperature.

And that was the high. It's below zero now at 8:00 p.m. Brrrrrrrr!
Good thing I have these two around to entertain me and keep me busy!


And today while I was looking out at that beautiful sunshine I saw something but I couldn't believe my eyes. There were three of them, eating berries, all puffed up and chubby! I ran to get my camera because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Just as the Juncos predict the first snow, these guys predict the coming of Spring but I don't think they got the memo about how far away Spring really is. Or about how bitterly cold it's going to be for a while yet!


Yep, it's a Robin. I hope they have lots of stored up fat because they are gonna need it! There are a few berries left on the trees and that's what they were eating but those aren't gonna last long!
I also talked to Tyler briefly today who snagged himself some tickets to the Pro Bowl in Honolulu! Way to go Ty! Must be nice to live in paradise.
Back to work tomorrow but we'll have to see if we can make it through the whole week without a snow day. Then we have next Monday and Tuesday off for President's Day! If we ever do have a whole week of school it's going to seem endless!
Have a good week everyone!

Footprints on the pond.

No comments: