Friday, January 16, 2009

Too Cold For School!

I got the call at 5:15 a.m., no school, too cold! Once I was awake the pups decided they should go out, even though it was almost an hour earlier than we usually get up.

When I checked the thermometer it was -10F! Now that's cold, maybe as cold as I've ever seen the actual temp. Now, a 9:00 a.m. it's a balmy -4.

We were taking bets at school all week about which day we would be out. It's just too cold for kids to stand at the bus stop or walk to school. We haven't had outdoor recess all week! Talk about some crazy kids.

You know it's cold when the pups go out and try to use the facilities and within a few seconds they are either picking up their feet (Charlie) or laying down in pain (Zoe) and have to be coaxed to get back up and come in!

No warm up is expected until next week sometime, maybe Wednesday so we'll just have to try to make the best of it. I just hate to see what our gas bill is next month! It's gonna be huge, I'm sure.

I miss Hawaii!

No comments: