Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving From (cloudy, cool) California

Ingrid believes I'm bringing this weather from Michigan with me. If it starts to snow I'll finally believe her! It's been rainy, cloudy and cool here for the past few days. Yes, I wish it were warmer but I can't really complain when it's snowing back home.

We didn't really have any plans for today. Yesterday I went to Trader Joe's to buy some fixings for a small Thanksgiving dinner. Then this morning my Great Aunt Shirley called and Ingrid agreed we would go over there for a while. I'm not quite sure she's up to it but I guess we will give it a try. I have mixed feelings. I would like to see my Aunt Shirley but the rest I haven't seen or heard from in probably 40+ years so it will seem a little odd. This may be the only chance I have to see them though so I guess I should.

I find it so amusing that I'm not cooking for Thanksgiving this year but my "men" are. Howard already texted me this morning with a beautiful picture of the turkey breast I bought a couple weeks ago, beautifully browned and ready to eat, along with a Thanksgiving greeting. Howard and Scott will be enjoying a feast together today.

Tyler called yesterday to get a few pointers as he and his roommates are preparing a feast also. He just needed a few tips on cooking mashed potatoes and how long to cook the turkey. Initially he had planned to spend the day at the beach but I guess the guys there in Hawaii got a little homesick and changed their minds and decided to cook instead.

Amber and Andy are joining some friends there in Virginia. They are still unpacking and organizing from their move last weekend. That's hard to do when you work the long hours they do. I know they will be excited tomorrow when their new couch is delivered as they sold their old couch several weeks ago and have been sitting in chairs since then.

I miss you guys and can't wait until we are all together again in just a short 25 days! That's just a little more than 3 weeks guys! Woo Hoo!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

No comments: