Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Puppy 101

Someone started Puppy Classes! Our first class was last night, every Tuesday night for one hour for 6 weeks. The first night in class he was the best behaved puppy there. Another dog owner, having trouble with her rambunctious hound, even pointed to Charlie who was lying quietly at my feet and said "I want that puppy!"

What she didn't know at the time is that the main reason we are taking this "class" is to help Charlie socialize around other dogs and people as he's a little on the shy side. Just wait until he starts feeling comfortable! I probably won't hear that comment again. Although I have to report potty training is going well, he's beginning to "tell" us when he wants to go outside and so far (knock wood) hasn't chewed up anything expensive or precious (like Howard's $100 loafers that Zoe found so attractive 3 years ago when she was a puppy). I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes open! And the best news: he's sleeping through the night! Talk about your progress!

No comments: