Wednesday, August 8, 2007

What a Busy Week

And it's only Wednesday!! On Monday I had an interview for a Reading Aide position at an elementary school (not the one I worked for the past 12 years). All my good friends were giving me tips and trying to help me anticipate what crazy questions might be asked. I really wasn't nervous and of course, since I was prepared with great answers, none of the anticipated questions were even asked! While the job did sound good and over the years I have always wanted a position like that, after the interview I had pretty much decided to take the job in the Vet's office. It's more hours, has the potential for more pay over time and it has benefits which I haven't had at all since working here in Michigan. So, Tuesday morning I called the Vet's office and told them I would take the job but could I wait to start until Monday so that I could get my Mother's apartment cleaned out. They were fine with that, plus the time I need to take off for Amber & Andrew's wedding in September. So... looks like Monday I will be starting a new job! Exciting stuff! The least exciting thing is I have to be there on Monday at 7:30 a.m.!! That's gonna be tough. No more staying up late! Early to bed, early to rise and all that. The nice thing is I'll be finished working by 1:30!
The rest of Tuesday and Wednesday, Scott and I got to work over at my Mother's apartment. We packed and cleaned out everything. I contacted a Furniture Bank to come pick up all the furniture and household goods. They donate everything to needy families that are just setting up a household, people trying to get back on their feet. I think my Mom would like that. She was always giving to people who needed things. While going through her papers I found a list of no less than 25 organizations that she had donated money to, just this year. Her gently used furniture and other household goods will be appreciated by someone who really needs them.
I have also been trying to find a home for my Mother's cat, Panda. Today I went around putting up flyers in places like the hardware store, the pet store, on mail boxes, etc. I figured I would have to bring Panda over here to the house by the weekend as I'm hoping we are finished up at Mom's apartment by Monday. Finally today around 5:00 a guy called wanting Panda. He wanted to go over and meet him but said he was pretty sure he would take him. I met him at Mom's apartment and he and his roommate showed up, petted and played with Panda for a few minutes and said they would take him (and all his accoutremonts). I made the kid promise that if he ever changed his mind he would call me so that I could again find Panda a good home. That was the last promise I made to my Mother, that I would make sure Panda found a home and would not go to a shelter. So, Panda now has a new home with people who really seem to like him and who have promised to keep in touch and let me know how he's doing.
So, all in all, it's been a pretty good week. New job, apartment cleaned out, new home found for Panda, and it's only Wednesday!

No comments: