Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I've had a lovely Mother's Day. I've had a lovely weekend actually. Contrary to what the weather forecasters predicted late last week, the weekend has been glorious! The temp has been in the low 70's, sunny, perfect!

I started the day out today with a surprise call from Tyler! Apparently you can actually make phone calls on Skype. Who knew? I almost didn't answer the call since called id said the number was "unavailable" but I'm sure glad I did. I miss you son and it was so good to talk to you today.

While I was talking to Tyler, Amber called. She and her little family are visiting family in Tennessee this weekend and they were on the road. She sent me a sweet little necklace that said "Mimi" on it. So cute.

Then Scott offered to go get me my favorite breakfast, a sausage biscuit from McDonalds. Unfortunately we had waited too late and breakfast was over so he brought me a small fry instead. It's the thought that counts, right? I loved his thoughtful card though.

It's been a nice, quiet day. I've been on the deck doing a lot of reading. H and I took a trip to the garden to plant potatoes. Sadly, the stupid electric fence is still not hooked up so I still haven't been able to plant my broccoli or lettuce. H put in a few hours out there yesterday building a pergola.

The pergola is nice but let's just say a fence would have been more useful.

We also took the Mustang for a ride yesterday with the top down. We drove out to a nursery and picked up some onions slips, peppers and squash plants. Right now they are on the porch, at least for a couple more weeks, just in case we have a late freeze. We (well, H really) also bought this lovely Gardenia tree.

It looked a little worse for wear but was on sale. I think with a little tlc we can bring it back to it's former beauty!
It has a couple flowers on it now and some nice buds that will open soon.


Not much else is going on around here. I do have one really exciting thing to look forward to this week. I have been selected to sit in on the interviews for our building Principal. One teacher, one support staff, one parent and the building secretary from our building were chosen. I've never done this before so I don't really know what to expect but it should be interesting. I hope we have some good candidates to choose from.

The pups got to go to the high school field both days. I took them on Saturday and Scott took them for me today. Yesterday they had a collision and Zoe came back with a bleeding tongue!

It was dripping blood all over and she got a few drips on her chest and Charlie ended up with some drips on his foot. Thankfully she didn't loose any teeth and it stopped quickly.


I can't believe we only have 5 weeks of school left. Summer vaca will be here before we know it!!

Have a good week!

No comments: