Sunday, February 28, 2010

Snow Day, Sick Day and Tsunami

We had a snow day on Monday. While I hate getting calls at 5:20 in the morning it was worth it to get this call. I was planning to call in sick anyway so getting the snow day was a bonus. Then on Tuesday I took a sick day anyway. That cold just made me feel crappy but by Wednesday I was feeling better and back to work. We got about 5-6 inches of snow on Monday and it's been cold and gray ever since. Supposedly next week we will have temps in the 30's so maybe some of this snow will melt a bit. It's only a few weeks until Spring after all so we should be getting some warmer days sometime!

I took the pups to the high school field today and the snow was so deep they had to hop instead of run. They got worn out pretty quick though so we weren't there too long.

Zoe really wanted to go yesterday too and was giving me the sad puppy dog eyes yesterday around 4:00.

I didn't cave in though but I will admit to feeling guilty about it. I just didn't feel like going out in the elements.

Another reason I didn't want to take them out yesterday is we were pretty much glued to CNN all afternoon waiting for the tsunami to hit Hawaii. Tyler called yesterday morning just after I caught the news about the earthquake in Chile and the possible tsunami that was headed for Hawaii. He had already been to a couple stores in search of water and was planning to pack up and head to a friend's house who lives inland a bit and just hang out there. Thankfully there was no tsunami and no damage.

The worst that happened was that he lost a day of job searching. Speaking of which, he's really beating the bushes and not having any luck so far. He has rent money for March but he really needs to find something soon. He's trying to stay positive though and tells me he's planning to have a job by the end of the week! Good thoughts and prayers are out there for you Tyler! Keep up the search. I know you'll find something soon.

Amber had a little good news on Wednesday. Her infection was finally clearing up and she could go back to nursing. We were all happy about that but no one as happy as Quinn! She's still feeling under the weather with her cold and cough. Amber reports that she is sleeping pretty good most nights though which is a blessing for all of them!

I miss the little sweetie even though it's only been a couple weeks since I've seen her! I hope I can make it another month until we go back again. It's gonna be a long month.

So, that's it for the week. We've been watching the Olympics every night and I will miss them when they're over tonight. Right now the hockey game between the US and Canada is on and Canada just scored. This is gonna be an interesting game and I don't even like hockey.

This coming week I have conferences, a couple half days (though I think I have to work both of them, the kids won't be there those days), I start my Rainbows group tomorrow during lunch (I have 8 kids in it this year, who have all suffered some type of loss in their life either through divorce, separation or death), Bunco is Thursday night and bowling Friday night.

Busy week!

No comments: