Saturday, February 20, 2010

Words and other stuff

I made it home with no drama on Tuesday. No long lines, no denied boarding, no delays. It was nice to come home to H, Scott, Zoe, Charlie and my own bed! It's funny how no bed feels as comfortable as your own. I had to think twice about leaving as Amber was having a couple complications. The most serious one is some type of infection at her incision site that was rather worrisome. After a quick trip to the Dr. on Monday she was started on antibiotics and it seems to be clearing up. The consequence of it not clearing up could have been hospitalization which would not have been good. Then on top of that she caught Andy's cold and was feeling miserable.

Now Quinn seems to be having some symptoms of the cold too. I'm praying that is all it will be. A cold in an adult is a pain but in a baby or child it's compounded as they seem to be even more miserable. I'm also praying it clears up quickly and doesn't turn into anything else!

Even though I only had 3 days of work it seemed longer. I'm sure some of that has to do with the feelings I'm having about my job coming to an end. I will really miss the kids I've come to know over the years and helping them. I feel like I have made a difference in a few lives over the years. When you know something will be ending sometimes you just want it to be done already! That way I can get on to something new but right now I'm just hanging in there. March will be a very long month. Nothing to really look forward to except April and Spring Break!!

I took Zoe and Charlie to the park today. Boy, did Charlie need to get out and run! He hasn't been out for a couple weeks and was really in need of fresh air and frisbee. After that we went for a ride to buy bird seed, through the car wash and then got gas. They just seemed to be enjoying the ride and sticking their heads out the window. It's not warm here today but it's not as cold as usual and the sun is out so it feels warm. The long line at the car wash proved I wasn't the only one feeling that way.

We had bowling last night and it was a struggle. None of us seemed to be on our game. I didn't bowl my average once. Not good. Judy and H weren't much better. We had to give the other team 111 points and they only had two members of their team there, thank goodness. Even with that advantage we were only able to take two games and they got one game and totals. Bummer. The race to the top is close though. There are 6 teams within just a couple points of first place. We are tied for 3rd, two teams are tied for 2nd but the top team is only ahead of us by 2. So, if we could just get our act together we are within striking distance! There are only about 5 or 6 more times to bowl. I'm hoping Bill will be able to join us a couple times and help us get our points up. Another bummer last night was that I missed out on winning $400! They have a house mystery jackpot and I rarely enter because they only call one number and it seems like it's always in the 200's and I never bowl in the 200's. Last night they called 135 and that was exactly what I bowled! I guess it's true what they say, you can't win if you don't play! For $1 I will probably play from now on. A guy on our league won the $400. Of course, if I had put my dollar in last night he and I would have had to split it and I would only have been $200 richer! Still, $200 would have been nice too. Live and learn.

I'm in to day two of writing this entry. I started watching the Olympics last night and just never finished so I figured I'd add to it today. Things with Amber have gone from bad to worse. Seems her infection is worse, the Dr. upped her antibiotics and she will have to stop nursing Quinn for a while as the antibiotics aren't good for her milk supply. Poor Quinn will not be happy especially at this time since she also has a cold!

Poor baby and hence poor Mommy and Daddy because you can be sure a baby will always pass that misery on. I'm just hoping and praying the antibiotic works this time and clears this thing up once and for all.

I also have a cold this weekend but I think I caught it from the student teacher at work who I share a desk with. She sounded really bad and when I mentioned that she should really be at home she told me she couldn't really afford to take the time off! Nice. Now I'm feeling so crappy that I'm seriously considering not going in tomorrow. That's what's wrong with people who get sick and go to work. They pass it on and wimps like me can't do our jobs when we feel this crappy. Unless I feel lots better by morning I will be using one of my sick days.

I took the pups to the park again today and we went to a different field, the one where as soon as Charlie gets out of the car he takes off. It's so weird. He doesn't do it from the soccer field, only when we are at the football field. He runs toward the soccer field as fast as he can, disappears around the corner, completely ignoring my yells and calls of "Charlie, here Charlie". I give up and say, fine, run away you stupid dog, start playing with Zoe and then a few minutes later I turn around and here comes the big dummy, back to play frisbee with us.


I took some pictures today, trying out some different settings. The one I used today is supposed to freeze the action. And let me tell you, there was plenty of action.

Zoe was in rare form today, getting most of what was tossed and then trying to intimidate Charlie if he tried to come near. He actually cowered once or twice, her growls were so fierce!








The sun was out both days this weekend, giving false hope that Spring is just around the corner. The snow on the ground was actually melting quite a bit today. But just when you think you can put away the heavy coat and snow boots, the weatherman announces that another winter storm warning is in effect and you are going to get 5 to 7 inches of new snow tomorrow! Not kidding here, we are getting more snow tomorrow. Another good reason to take a sick day.

The following link will take you to this site where you can put in your blog address and it takes all the words you use the most often and makes this cool design. Apparently I use the word "just" alot and a few others. I tried to take the word "gout" out of it but I don't think it worked! I also tried every which way to copy it somehow and paste it in here but apparently I'm not technically savvy enough to figure that out. Oh well.

title="Wordle: just words"> src="http://www.wordle.net/thumb/wrdl/1689387/just_words"
alt="Wordle: just words"
style="padding:4px;border:1px solid #ddd">


Have a good week!!

No comments: