Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's Still Winter...

Yes, it's still winter here. Though I guess you could say we've dodged the bullet (or at least the big snowstorms) this year. I think our total snowfall for this winter season is about 17". Our "norm" is about 40". It's been cold but at least the sun was out, both days, this weekend. That's a bonus!



Friday night was bowling and I wasn't sure how I would do since I hadn't bowled in a month. My foot only hurts a little, nothing to really worry about but I took some Advil before bowling, just in case. The other team had pre-bowled so it was just the 3 of us (Bill had to work) so we just took our time. We won the first game by 20+ pins, lost the second game by 2 pins and won the third game by 2 pins. Crazy! We ended up taking the 2 games and totals. We are up near the top, tied for 3rd or 4th, something like that.

Saturday I took the pups to the park. It was about 24 degrees and the wind was whipping! At one point we were blocked from the wind behind some trees but once you came out from behind those trees the wind was brutal! Charlie was in rare form, catching everything thrown his way.



The only time Zoe was able to catch something was if Charlie decided he didn't feel like running after that one. I have to give her credit though, she goes out every time.


She's determined and doesn't give up even when Charlie is the frisbee hog!









Even in 24 degree temps they get winded and hot! Always panting!


Zoe started eating this snow and Charlie came right over to see what he was missing.


The rest of the weekend was spent catching up with laundry and doing a little cooking. I made pizzas Saturday night. I split the dough 3 ways and we each had our own personal pizzas. They are getting better each time I make them. I guess it's true, practice does make perfect. Well, not exactly perfect yet, but better.

Amber and Andy (and Quinn) got a ton of snow over the weekend. I'm so glad I wasn't flying in this weekend! I wouldn't have made it as all the flights to Baltimore were cancelled on Saturday. They lost their power early Saturday morning for a few hours but thankfully got it back before they really started getting cold. Today they were even able to get out (in the car) and go out to lunch and to the grocery store. I'm kind of surprised there was anything left to buy. CNN was reporting that there wasn't much left on the shelves as people were buying supplies for "the blizzard" that was coming! I heard on the Weather Channel that Dulles Airport got 36" of snow. That's a lot of snow! I'm counting the days until my visit (5 to go). I know it's only been a few weeks but I think Quinn is growing already! Just look at her here!


We have the Superbowl on right now. I'm listening (sort of) to it but not really watching. I'm trying to keep my eyes on some of the commercials. Boy, Doritos has really spent some money tonight. I think I've seen at least 5 commercials so far for Doritos. So far I haven't seen anything that entertaining. I thought the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet was more entertaining. I guess I'm just not a football fan. The only time I come close to enjoying football is when The University of Michigan is playing.

Tomorrow before school we have a meeting with the head of Special Ed. I'm not really sure what she's gonna tell us but it should be interesting. I guess I'll know more tomorrow how likely it is that I'll have a job next year.

Today I was reading a blog that explained how to use your camera on more than just the automatic setting. I pretty much leave it on auto since I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm gonna try using some different settings though next time I'm at the park. I took this one today and it does seem better to me, more clear. Or is it just my imagination?


Have a good week! And good luck job hunting Tyler! I hope you find something soon!

No comments: