Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break Has Begun...

Yes, it's true. Spring Break started at 3:45 p.m. Friday afternoon!! Everyone was in such a good mood at school on Friday. Some people were escaping to exotic locales like Mexico, Hawaii, cruising the Caribbean, off to Florida but just as many, if not more, were just staying home and taking it easy, like me!

Saturday I took the pups for a nice, long walk ending up at the high school field. While I was walking away waiting for the pups to catch up with me and when I looked around they were bunny hopping off to greet a Golden Retriever who was exiting the woods. I have to admit I was expecting the worse given that Zoe and Charlie both go crazy when they see another dog but it ended well. They just sniffed each other and then finally followed me. I know their fans will be disappointed but I didn't take the camera with me so no pictures this time. :-(

Today I went to the bridal shower of a girl Amber played softball with when they were just 12 years old. I play Bunco will her Mom and we all bowl together. It was a nice time and once again reminds me how all these former "kids" have grown up. I'm trying not to feel "old" but it's hard when it's right there in front of you.

The big news of the weekend is we are under a Winter Storm Advisory! Yes, it's April but Winter isn't finished with us yet. I've been hearing anywhere from 6-10 inches of snow so we are definitely gonna get enough to shovel. Well, since we have our snow blower I guess we'll be blowing instead of shoveling. It's supposed to start around 11:00 p.m. tonight and snow all day tomorrow. Guess I'll be holed up at home reading a good book or something similar. At least I won't be at work.




Ok, couldn't resist. Two pictures of the goofballs from the archives!! Enjoy!

No comments: