Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Little of This, a Little of That...

Which is exactly what we did this weekend and all in all I think we got a lot done. First I wanted you to hear my Spring nightly lullaby. I just absolutely love this sound and wish it could go on longer than it does.

I guess it was a little dark when I took this. In my viewfinder there was a light outline of a sunset but I guess it didn't show up on this as it seems pretty dark!

Saturday morning I headed out to the local nursery as it was the first weekend when they had their hanging baskets on sale. Last year I didn't get there in time to get the colors I wanted but this year I did! This is how they looked on the porch.



Then I went to town trimming up my roses while Howard was in the back painting our little fence. It's hard to believe it's almost 6 years old already as Howard and Scott and Tyler built it the spring before Tyler graduated which was 6 years ago. It looks brand new now.


After all that back breaking work I took the pups up to the high school field for some frisbee. It was a warm day and they got tired fast! It's rare that you will ever see Charlie lay down, no matter how tired he is but this day he layed down!



I got some good jump pictures this time. They were jumping all over the place!


And even a little video though it's hard to throw the frisbee and follow them with the camera!

When I got back from the park Howard was waiting to take the Mustang for a little ride.

It was the first time we have been able to put the top down this year. It was so nice just to cruise on the back roads and enjoy the evening. From there we went out to dinner as I was too tired to cook and Howard was too tired to clean up after me!

This morning we met our partners at the bowling alley for a little practice. On Friday we bowl the second place team (we're the first) and since it's been 3 weeks since we've bowled we decided we needed it. Next Friday we will know if we end up in first, second or possibly third place, depending how we do. We can do it!! Take first, that is! That was followed by more work in the yard and another trip up to the high school for more frisbee.

Here are some sights from around the yard. Things are starting to come up all over.


This is some lettuce I grew from seed. It's starting to come along.


How often do you see this? Three tired babies, all in a row.


That's it! Great weekend, a little work and a little fun. Perfect!

No comments: