Saturday, February 7, 2009

We're Havin' a Heat Wave, A Tropical Heat Wave...

Ok, not a tropical heat wave but the thermometer on the back deck says it's 56 degrees!

That's like a tropical heatwave in Michigan in February! And, as an added bonus, the sun's been out most of the day when they were predicting showers. Can't beat that!

I should really be outside right now going for a walk or something, but instead I'm in the house, baking bread, doing laundry, paying bills, reading blogs. I know I'll be sorry because tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 30's and by the time it warms up again, next week, I'll be back at work and stuck inside all day.

I'm not sure what else we'll do this weekend. We were talking about maybe going to another movie tomorrow afternoon. That's about it. I am going to be finishing up the posts about our trip to Hawaii. I really only have a couple left so I better get on it.

I didn't win the photo contest on iheartfaces.com. In fact I didn't even place in the top ten. This is what Zoe thinks of that!




Bummer. A cat won. It was a good picture. Charlie's boo boo is all healed up. I took him to the vet on Monday and he couldn't really tell me conclusively what the sore was or what had caused it. He gave me some gauze soaked in some type of antiseptic that I was supposed to rub on the sore twice a day but by the second day it was pretty much dried up. I'm still thinking it came from the vaccines but that's just a gut feeling. Anyway, he's back to his usual antics. The other night it was so cold outside that our house was popping and making these awful sounds. Charlie was shaking so hard his teeth were chattering. Guess he thought it was fireworks or gun shots again. Big chicken.

We had a pretty sunset last night. I was filling the bird feeders and by the time I finished it was almost gone! It was a brilliant gold though. Nice.




Have a good rest of the weekend!

No comments: