Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nice Weekend

We had a pretty nice weekend here in Michigan, for the end of January anyway. Friday night we had bowling. When we got there we discovered we were in a 3 way tie for 2nd place. Shock! Things weren't looking good after our first game. Not only did we have to give them 75 pins to begin with, they beat us by 106 pins! Ouch! After that we started bowling! The second game we beat them by 56 pins so we took that one. The third game we beat them by more than 50 pins. We took 3 points; winning 2 games and total pins! I'm afraid to go next time. I'm afraid we might be in 1st place. That's always tough because then everyone is after you!

Saturday morning H and I got up early to go to the Dr. for a fasting blood draw. We were a little early, actually before the lab opened, so we were first in line. After giving our blood we went to breakfast at a nice little family owned Greek restaurant that has great breakfasts! It was so nice to go out to breakfast together. When we got home we each ran our separate errands. When we got home I suggested we go to a matinee and since it was my turn to choose I picked Slumdog Millionaire. It has been nominated for so many awards I just wanted to see what all the buzz was about. It was a good movie, though not for everyone. I have to say that seeing the slums of India was a real eye opener. I thought it was worth seeing and H liked it too.

Before we left for the movies Scott noticed that Charlie had a lump on his right shoulder. I quickly called the vet but no more appointments were available but I mentioned that the lump seemed to be in the same spot where Charlie had a vaccination a couple weeks ago. The Vet felt it could be related but still wanted to see him on Monday. About the time we were going to bed I reached down to pet Charlie and his fur felt wet. Apparently the lump had ruptured somehow and was now bleeding. I managed to get it cleaned up and it stopped and the lump had gone down considerably. Now today it's still oozing and just a little swollen. I'm sure it's nothing but it seems lately there is always something going on with Charlie!

He also got sick during the night and just now also. What the heck?? For such a young dog he sure has a lot of issues!

Today was spent around the house. At least it was a sunny day and the temp reached an all-time high this year of 37! It felt so balmy when I was outside filling the bird feeders. Too bad it's not going to last. I think tomorrow is supposed to be cold again, as is the rest of the week. Spring is still a long, long, long way off!

The Superbowl has started. I'm listening to it while I start dinner. I know lots of people like to go to Superbowl parties. Amber and Andy are going to one. We used to go to them years ago but I have to say, I don't miss going. You are always out too late and then have to get up early the next morning. Plus the ones I used to go to it seemed the women would just sit around talking while the men watched the game. If the women were your friends it would be ok but if you didn't know them, it was a whole 'nother ballgame! Anyway, I'm glad I'm staying home. I'll probably go upstairs and watch a movie after dinner anyway!

Gotta go start the pizza! I'll be posting about the last couple days in Hawaii sometime this week. Have a good one!

No comments: