Friday, May 30, 2008

I Couldn't Believe My Eyes...

I couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I looked out in the back yard. Since I didn't have my glasses on yet I thought I was just seeing the brown wood of my swing... then it moved! Instead I was looking at a deer having breakfast right in the backyard.

I watched her and she watched me for quite a while. It wasn't very light out yet so I didn't get many good pictures. I watched her for about 10 minutes or so and even took some video. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw something in the pond. I thought it was the woodchuck or something. Then I noticed this!!

The doe was hiding it at first but then they both turned tail and walked toward the other side of the pond and into the woods.

I was so excited I didn't get a decent picture unfortunately. Isn't it so tiny?? It can't be more than a week or so old! When I saw the female I thought it was odd that she was by herself but now I understand why. So cool! Deer right here in the middle of a subdivision! As long as she stays out of my flower bed she can come by for breakfast anytime!

No comments: