Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there. This was the first year I didn't have a Mother to wish that to. We had a quiet day around here. The weather wasn't cooperating with the plans I had yesterday after a trip to our local nursery. We wanted to put a few flowers in the ground but it rained most of the day today. Howard bought me a new rose bush yesterday to replace one that didn't make it over the winter. Guess that will have to wait until next weekend to be planted. Amber and Andy called first this this morning. They were on their way back home after attending a wedding in Kentucky. Tyler called later in the day since we have a 6 hour time difference. He's finished with his finals now and his new classes start tomorrow! Scott slept in this morning since he didn't get home until after 3:00 a.m. from work. He bought me a wonderful card and an awesome gift: a video cam. It's really neat and so far I've only talked to Amber as she's the only one I know who has one. We "chatted" for a little while tonight to try it out. This evening Howard, Scott and I went to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. It wasn't too crowded and we enjoyed a nice dinner out.
Friday night was our last bowling, our "fun night." We played "9 pin, no tap". If you get at least 9 pins down the first time, they count it as a strike. There were some very high scores to be had playing that way! Our team finished in 12th place out of 16 so that was better than the last time we bowled when we were in 15th place. Now we are done for the summer and won't start up again until September.
On Saturday I took the dogs for a nice long walk from our house up to the high school. It was a gorgeous day, sunny, clear, not too hot. We walked up there, played a little frisbee and then walked back. Usually I drive up there so my legs were tired when we got home.
This is what it looks like when you put peanut butter on your dog's nose. For a while Zoe was licking the cabinet door, thinking the peanut butter was on the door instead of her nose. That's one smart pup!!



So, not much else going on here. Not much going on this week either. Charlie and I have puppy class on Tuesday night but nothing else happening except work.

Guess I've come to THE END of this posting!!
Have a good week everyone!

No comments: