Sunday, October 21, 2007

Drum Roll Please...

Meet the newest member of the Mitchell's In Michigan family: Puppy!! We are still in the process of finding the perfect name for him which will probably take another couple days before it's a done deal.

I had been looking at puppies for a little while but when I found out that Zoe's parents had another litter I couldn't resist. As before, with Zoe, things just seemed to work out perfectly though we had a bit of a close call. I had called the breeder and said we wanted to come see all 4 puppies Saturday. There was a black girl, two red merle boys and one blue merle boy. The breeder said some people were coming on Saturday and wanted the little girl and possibly one more puppy. They were coming at 2:00 so I told the breeder we would be there at 3:00. We were running a bit late so I called her from the road when we were about halfway there. She said she had some bad news, that the people hadn't taken just the girl, and not just 2 puppies but 3!!! Only one little red merle was left but it just happened to be the one that Howard said he liked the best. I really didn't care though the blue merle would have been my last choice since we already have Zoe and she's a blue merle. When we got there we went into the house where they had the puppy. Of course, he was adorable!! We got to meet both Zoe's parents also. I had already seen her mother 3 years ago when I picked Zoe up but not her Daddy. Plus they had 3 other dogs from previous litters. Then the breeder tells me that she is having both the mother and father fixed on Friday! I was so glad we got this puppy since we know the temperment of the parents and medical history. He is really good so far. He cries when he wants to go outside and slept through most of the night without a problem. He woke me up at 5:30, went outside to potty and then back to bed for a couple more hours. Today he had his first bath which he badly needed. He had spent quite a bit of time outside at his old home so he was a little dusty. Today after his bath he was soft and fluffy! So, that's it for now. I'll let you know when we finally decide on a name which hopefully will be soon so we can stop calling him "puppy"!!


2 comments:

Nicole said...

so adorable. :) have you picked a name yet? taking votes? hehehe can't wait to meet him in person!

Deb said...

He is cute!! No name yet. Narrowed down between Jackson, Charlie, Cooper and Stevie. Howard likes Rocket too but shortened to Rocky, I don't like. Amber likes Teddy. Tyler likes Rex. Nothing seems to fit him!! Feel free to weigh in. xo