Monday, April 30, 2007

Another Beautiful Weekend!!!

These are the days we wait all those long winter months for!! The weekend couldn't have been more perfect. Blue skies, sun out, warm temps, windows open!! Sunday morning I looked out the kitchen window to see this guy staring back at me! He just stood there and watched me for 5 minutes or so and then slowly walked back to the pond. Usually if ducks or geese see you watching them they take off right away but not this guy. He looked like he really wanted to see what I was up to!! There wasn't much to see because I wasn't up to that much this weekend. It was hard to stay inside and I found myself just walking around the yard to check out what's coming up, eating lunch on the deck, sitting in the sun reading, anything to stay outside. Sunday evening was beautiful too so we grilled out and ate outside too.
Today when I got home from work I decided to take Zoe to the park for a walk. After a few frisbee throws we went walking on a path through the woods and in a quick second Zoe was off the path, through the woods and hot on the trail of a squirrel. When she finally came back to me (recall isn't her best skill) she was black from her toes to her belly. We finally found a water faucet and rinsed most of the black off but I decided to put her in the pool when we got home. She was so hot she just layed down and stayed through for about 5 minutes. Two birds with one stone, she was clean and much cooler!!
There's not much else to talk about this week. Everything seems to be status quo, which is a good thing. Later this week I will be getting ready to go up north for the weekend with the Bunco Girls. We leave Friday and won't be back until Sunday. It should be very entertaining and fun!

No comments: