Sunday, April 22, 2007

Absolutely Gorgeous Weekend!!


WOW!!! Spectacular weekend! Perfect weather! Nothing to complain about weather wise. Saturday was 75; Sunday was 79! Little breeze, no clouds, perfect!!! Zoe felt it was warm enough for a dip in her pool. Watching her pant convinced me she was right! She splashed around for a while and managed to keep cool the rest of the day. Saturday I made a quick trip to Bordine's (our local nursery) for some hanging baskets for the porch (they were on sale!!). When I got back Howard helped me de-leaf the flower beds and then I trimmed back all the roses and other perennials. I took an inventory of what made it through the winter and what didn't. Looks like I'll only have to replace a few things this year. We also got out the deck furniture and had our first dinner outside tonight! It feels so nice after all these months of hibernating to be able to get back outside again. Zoe and I went to the Bark Park on Friday and then to our local high school field for Frisbee on Saturday and Sunday. All you people who live in warm climates don't appreciate this but the rest of you do!!
Guess Amber was busy this weekend (probably outside too) and we didn't hear much from her. She and Andrew have been adding things to their registry and narrowing down a caterer for the big day. On this end I've been gathering information so I can plan the Bridal Luncheon we are planning to have here later this summer.
Tyler has called a couple times. He's been very busy. Besides school he also enrolled in a SCUBA class and attended classes mornings before school and some evenings for a week. He is now a certified scuba diver. Then Saturday he took advanced classes so he could participate in an Earth Day dive today. They were diving down to clean near a seawall. I was hoping to have some pictures but I guess he's been too busy to get those to me. Maybe next week. He's also registered for summer classes so he will be staying in Hawaii right through until Fall. He's decided to look for a job to help pay for his new hobby (diving). He's hoping the owner of the dive shop may have something.
Scott has two finals this week and then he is finished with his freshman year of college. I think it was harder than he expected and he has found he's going to have to put forth a little more effort to do well. He's still working to save for his car repairs. It's a slow process. When he's done with finals he will be back out there looking for a second or third job. Working 3 nights a week at Mr. B's isn't quite enough.
Guess that's all the news for the Mitchell's. Nothing much happening here other than the weather. That's the big news and everyone will be talking about it tomorrow!

No comments: