Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter, Spring Break and Cold...

So Easter, along with my Spring Break, have come and gone. I wish I could say the same for this cold weather. There is still no real sign of Spring anywhere here in Michigan. :-( Ok, it's not this bad, at least the snow has melted. I did see this little cutie again before I left for Virginia to spend Easter and Spring Break with Amber, Andy & Quinn. She came right up in the back yard and licked and licked my feeder which was right about her head level. I had been quite sick since the last time I wrote. I came down with a respiratory virus (which I thought was the flu) and missed 5 days of work! I got sick on a Thursday and didn't return to work until the following Thursday. I'm still coughing! I was on all kinds of stuff, inhaler, cough medicine with codine, antibiotic. I haven't been this sick in years. Thankfully I was over it in time to go to Virginia. I left the Thursday before Good Friday. Tyler drove me to the airport and I was with Amber and Quinn by 5:30! I did have time to bake these beauties and get them shipped off to Quinn before I had to leave. The week went by so quickly. It wasn't exactly warm there either though warmer than Michigan. It was so chilly there that the cherry blossoms hadn't even bloomed yet. We were scheduled to go on a river cruise to see the blossoms and we never got to go. At least the sun was out most days and a sweater or sweatshirt was warm enough for me. Plus the beautiful daffodils were blooming there. I saw these on one of my walks. Saturday morning was chilly but sunny. Quinn attended an Easter egg hunt at their church. She was a little shy and didn't want to go without Mommy. You can't tell from these pictures but lots of other Mommies or Daddys helped their little darlings hunt too. I had a hard time getting any good pictures of her. After the hunt she played on the playground for a little while with a couple of her friends. Easter Sunday A, A & Q got up early to be at church by 8:00. I stayed behind to fix breakfast, half of which turned out and half didn't. I cooked the bacon, which was fine but somehow my brain didn't register the right amount of milk for the blueberry muffins and I ended up putting in way too much. You just can't fix that! I baked them anyway but they weren't really edible, though we tried. Later that day Amber made a ham, potatoes, asparagus and I tried baking again. Another fail, though this time I know the ingredients were right. I tried making popovers but I don't think the oven temp was right or something. They turned out like little hockey pucks (Thanks, Amber for pointing that out) but at least the rest of the meal turned out well. Andy's sister, Molly and Amber's friend Liz and her Mom came over to join us for dinner. A good time was had by all! The rest of the week we were busy with lots of little things. Quinn got a scooter for Easter so we had to go outside every day and practice. On Tuesday, just as we were finishing up at Home Depot buying spring flowers and a tomato plant, the pre-school called to say Quinn had pink eye! We rushed to get her, then called the Dr. so we could get her started on eyedrops. She didn't care for the eyedrops one bit and she needed a bribe in order to get them in. All too soon the week was over and it was time for me to return home. I was able to walk most days while I was there and thankfully didn't get lost. Amber and Quinn went with me a couple times too. We walked all around different neighborhoods in Arlington looking at the old and new homes. They don't look like all that but Amber said most of them are $1,000,000 and up! Yikes! Since I've been home I've just been catching up on laundry and stuff around the house. I walked yesterday and today though it was really chilly. I just don't know why it's taking Spring so long to get here. No tulips or daffodils are blooming, no buds on trees, no green grass. Everything is still brown and there's even a bit of snow/ice hanging around. I know it can't be too far away though. The ducks are back at the feeder, I'm hearing and seeing geese land on the pond and last night I heard 2 or 3 peepers on the pond. That's my sure sign that Spring can't be far behind! Have a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a fun time in Virginia!