Sunday, April 21, 2013

Another Week, Still Chilly...

Well, another week has come and gone and it's still chilly. In fact, this is what we woke up to Saturday morning. Thankfully it all melted once the sun came out and yes, thankfully, at least the sun has been out this weekend. It's still only around 40* but the sun makes it seem so much warmer. As I walk around the neighborhood every day I can tell that Spring is at least trying. Several neighbors are having their grass turn green. Ours is still patchy but it's greening up in spots. This guy was out on the pond yesterday swimming about. With all the rain we've had the water level is up quite a bit which is good because the pond has been drying up the last couple summers. I am hearing the peepers loud and clear each night even though it's still cold. Plus I got a pedicure yesterday just in case the temps happen to go above 60 this week and I can wear sandals. Hope springs eternal. Last Thursday it reached 77 and I did wear sandals. That's when I decided it was definitely time for a pedicure! Not much else is going on. I'm trying to wrap my brain around the fact that we only have 7 more weeks of school. The garden will be up and going soon. I already bought my onions and carrot and radish seeds and was hoping to get them in the ground today. Unfortunately, H has been on the phone with people from work for the past 3 hours so it doesn't look like that's going to happen today. Maybe next weekend. He's going to install a front and back board to the two side boards so my dirt and plants will stay in the 10x10 area. Every summer the grass tends to grow into my plot and it makes it hard to weed with all that grass invading. I did buy some herbs last week and and finally got them planted today. It's still too cold to put them outside but this sunny window should work for a few more weeks. This afternoon Tyler and I took the pups on a long walk. They go absolutely nuts every time they see another dog. Today there was a statute of a dog sitting on a porch and Charlie went crazy over that! We walked up to the high school, let them run for a while, then walked home and around the neighborhood for a while. I would so love to be able to walk them together some day. I guess we'll have to keep working on it. This is how they looked when we got back and went out on the deck. Zoe was completely ignoring me. This is how she looked when I asked if anyone wanted a cookie. Charlie was a little more attentive as well. I know I'm highly prejudice but just look at what beauties they can be. The boys have been helping out around the yard a bit. Tyler started cutting down the saplings along the pond a week or so ago and then today he and Scott joined in and they got a little more done. While they were out there I was around the side picking up puppy presents I found this little guy! I've never seen one around here before. Tyler said it was a painted turtle. Mostly I've seen snapping turtles but of course, much larger. Tyler carried him back down to the pond and released him into the water. In other news, Amber, Andy & Quinn went to Nashville this weekend to visit Aunt Lizzie and a few other friends. They live on a small farm so I'm sure Quinn is having a ball! Tyler has a couple interviews this week. One is managing a new hamburger joint, another is managing a video store. Neither of these are really jobs he wants but he's going to find out what they are all about. He's also been contacted by the county parks HR office. They want his driving record so that's a positive sign. Unfortunately he has to send to Hawaii to get this information so it might take a few days. Hopefully the jobs he's interested in will still be available when he gets the information they want. That's all the news worth reporting! Have a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pedi! Warm weather will be here to stay soon!

Anonymous said...

You have really pretty feet! adorable toes, kinda hot ;)