Sunday, June 6, 2010

Three More Days...

Usually when there are only Three More Days left of school I'm really happy. And I am. I'm tired, ready for a break, ready to tackle some things around the house, sleep a little later (if Charlie will allow), not have a set schedule or some place to be by 8:00. This year, I will admit, it's a little bittersweet. I know I'm never going to do this job again though I do hold out a small bit of hope that some day I will be back at NSE, maybe even in the fall. The next three days will be both happy and sad. The fifth graders will be having lots of lasts, including their awards ceremony tomorrow. There will be lots of hugs and some tears. Some I will be sad to see leave, some not so much. Life goes on...

We had a nice weekend around here. Saturday I got lots of things accomplished. I went to the farmer's market and bought eggs and found a new supplier for some pasture-fed beef! That was exciting. From there I stopped to pick up some black oilers since my poor birds were completely out! Then I was off to pick up my new glasses. I've been feeling a little bit of buyer's remorse on picking this particular pair and I wasn't sure if I would really like them or not. Instead I didn't have to worry about that at all because when I put them on I couldn't see anything clearly except the sales girl standing about 18 inches away from me. I would not have been able to drive with them and I couldn't read close up clearly.
Something or someone screwed up somewhere. The girl said they would check them out and get back to me.

When I got home from there I had a little time to take the pups up to the high school field but I forgot the camera. But they pretty much look the same and do the same stuff every time anyway, right?



We couldn't stay long anyway because it was pretty hot and humid and they tired out quickly.

By the time we got home H was back from running his errands and we decided to head out to the garden. Yesterday morning was the beginning of the "big plant" for the main garden. We opted not to go but I'm sure I'll be doing my "hours" in other ways. I talked to Jim, the Master Gardener, yesterday and he said I could come out and to the big garden water once a week if I wanted. That would be pretty easy I think. So once we got out there we decided to do some weeding. It wasn't bad but a few weeks had definitely popped up. The broccoli had really taken off

and so had the radishes!

And here's what I picked!

The potatoes were looking good and had gotten so tall!


The lettuce and green beans, lookin' good!

The onions had grown so much and are about to bloom!

H did a little border work


and then INSISTED on laying some more straw, against my wishes, to keep the weeds down. I think it looks tacky and I'm worried about it keeping in too much moisture. He promised he would remove it in a week or so if I really didn't like it, which I don't!

Today I went to the Scamp Home Tour with my friend Natalie. There were 5 houses on the tour, two old ones (one built in the 1800's that had been the first local telephone company) and 3 newer ones, very fancy, lots of granite, etc. It rained pretty good most of the time but thankfully we brought our umbrellas so except for the humidity it wasn't too bad. Then we met Loretta for dinner at South of the Border and had a nice, long 3 hour dinner together. All in all it was a nice day.

Three more days. Three more days until my summer begins! Have a good week!

(Ok, now it's really 2 more days. Blogger would NOT cooperate last night and I could not post. Then I had to buy more space for my pictures as apparently I had run out!)

Two more days! Graduation was great. Everyone made it. The kids were happy. The teachers were happy. Last full day of school!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Now only two half days and two luncheons thrown in on top of that! Life is good!

No comments: