Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful father's out there. When you're a good Father you also have a chance to be one of these:


A good Grandfather!



Howard has always been a great Dad but he's a wonderful Grandpa too. He gets such a kick out of Quinn and all the things she does. He even has a picture of them together as the wallpaper on his cell phone. That's love!

It's been a good week around here. I've managed to get a few things done and also had a little time to read out on the deck and garden a bit. I have also been able to take the pups to the high school field every other day or so which they have thoroughly enjoyed. They are about to be spoiled!! I have to change up the times I take them because if I don't they start staring at me every afternoon around 4:00 and have a fit every time I go near the garage door!

This is where you can find Zoe after a particularly hot trip to the park. She knows exactly where to lay, right on top of the air conditioning vent!


On Thursday I went out to the garden. I wasn't able to stay long as I had the pups with me but I hadn't been out there in over a week and wanted to check on things. Man, things had really grown!

The carrots (at least the tops) have really taken off.


The potatoes are looking good too. One or two have started to flower too which means the potatoes are starting to grow underground.


The lettuce is starting to "head up" and will be ready for harvesting soon.


The onions had really grown and some are even starting to flower.


This broccoli was ready to harvest, almost past it's prime.


I was going to go out there today to do a little weeding but I just ran out of energy. Hopefully tomorrow I will make it. There isn't that much to do but I do need to do a little maintenance.

Friday night we were supposed to go to my friend Loretta's son's graduation party but I was feeling a little under the weather so we weren't able to go.

Saturday we hung around the house getting ready for a visit with the Porter's and some friends of theirs. We were all going to see their daughter, Liz, who just happened to be in town with Sheryl Crow. We got to the venue around 5:00 and we all went out to dinner with Liz. She had to be back by 7:00 so Sheryl could get ready for the show. We had a nice relaxing (and delicious) dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and made it back in plenty of time. Colbie Calliet was Sheryl's opening act and just as we arrived back at Sheryl's bus Colbie walked by, said Hi to Sheryl and then proceeded to go on for her show. We only stayed on the bus for a few minutes and then headed around to our seats. We had great seats, Row K, center which is only about 11 rows back. Colbie was good, singing all her well-known hits. You aren't really supposed to take pictures there but I managed to get a couple, not very good ones.


There was 1/2 hour intermission and then it was time for Sheryl to come on. As usual, she didn't disappoint. We had a great time.


She sang all her hits (and our favorites) and there was even a "surprise" appearance by Kid Rock. Sheryl and her crew had spent the afternoon hanging out at his pool as he just lives up the road from us. I guess he didn't hang around, or at least we didn't see him, as he was gone when we went back stage after the show.

The one thing I really don't get about concerts is how some people get so smashed. There were several couples in front of us and they were so drunk I don't know how they would even remember the show today. There was another woman just down the row from us that was so drunk she fell out of her seat into the aisle and a security person had to help her out. As one point I thought she had passed out but she got a second wind and resumed her "dancing". Crazy!

We ended up back on the bus for another visit with Liz and then when Sheryl came back we had to go as the bus was leaving! It was a wonderful night and we had a great time. Sheryl is so gracious and welcoming. We always enjoy seeing her and spending time with all the Porters. The Porter's friends headed on to their hotel and the Porters came back to our place to spend the night. They were on the road early this morning though as they needed to get home.

Today has been kind of a lazy day. Scott took H to lunch for Father's Day and they had some manly time together. I took the pups to the high school field. Now they are passed out and happy (Zoe & Charlie that is). Although I think H is having a little nap himself! It's amazing what a little exercise will do (or pizza and beer.)

This week I will be traveling to see Amber, Andy and Quinn. I'm so looking forward to spending a few days with them. Quinn is changing from week to week. She's picking up new skills she didn't have just 3 weeks ago when they were here for Memorial Day. I can't wait to see them (the skills) in person instead of just hearing about them!

Have a great week!

No comments: