Sunday, June 14, 2009

Let the Summer Begin...

School is officially out for the summer. Thursday at noon the kids went home and we worked for the rest of that day and Friday packing up the room and getting things ready for the summer cleaning crew to come through. I have a whole two weeks off before summer school starts. I plan to use it wisely.

Saturday afternoon I kept hearing a banging at the window. Every time I went to look there was nothing there then I saw this guy.

For some reason he kept flying against the windows on the back of the house, wanting to get in. He hung around most of the day but this morning there was no sign of him. Guess he moved on to cleaner windows or something.

Saturday night we attended the wedding of a girl Amber went to high school with. She is also the daughter of good friends of ours from bowling and in my Bunco group.




Lots of our other friends were there and also some friends of Ambers from high school. The ceremony was short and sweet, the food was plentiful (more than we could eat) and everyone hit the dance floor after that. Right about 11:00 the music was over and people started heading home.

Today was a gorgeous day. Howard and I spent a good amount of time out on the deck relaxing and soaking up some sun.

Things in the garden are growing well and flowers are blooming. My peonies are in full bloom and the clematis is just starting to take off. Some of my lettuce is about done and has gone to seed. I'm gonna try to plant some more and see if I can get it to grow once the weather warms up. I've only ever tried it when it's still cool so I'm not sure if it will work or not.


Later in the afternoon we took the pups to the park and then headed out to the garden to see how things were growin'.


I only went out once last week, Wednesday I think, and things were fine. A couple seeds had come up that I planted and everything needed water. I could tell that I'm gonna need to do some weeding this week.

It looks like my plot has lots of grass in it. Some plots don't have any weeds at all while others have lots.

I have other big plans for this coming week. I'm gonna start at the top and work my way down. Closets, drawers, cabinets, you name it, I'm gonna clean it out! I hope I can get it done in just two short weeks before I start summer school.

I've already listed 15 books to sell on Amazon and I've sold 7 already! I also sold our ping pong table today. It's time to clean house!

No comments: