Sunday, October 19, 2008

Another lovely Fall weekend...

This is always such a beautiful time of year. The weather is cooling off, the sun is bright, no clouds in the sky, brilliant blue skies, gorgeous trees with all their Fall colors. I took the pups to the high school soccer field yesterday and the trees around the pond were just beautiful. They played and played and didn't want to stop.





Look at the color of that sky!! And isn't Charlie so handsome??


Last week at school was exhausting! We are into our first week of taking the MEAP which for those who aren't from Michigan might not know, are our standardized tests of achievement. Since I now work in special education I have a whole new appreciation for these tests. When I was working in kindergarten and first grade it was our job to wish the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders good luck, write them a couple notes and maybe give them some candy. Now I have to help proctor the tests or else entertain those who aren't able to take the test. On Tuesday I was in the computer lab with 4th and 5th graders who (Thank God) were able to take the test via the computer. The computer basically read them the math questions which, well, I can't even tell you how helpful that was. Then Thursday I had to entertain the ones who aren't "able" to take the test. That was a challenge in itself! Basically 4-5 adults had 20 children contained in one small room with varying degrees of ages and either behavior problems or other diagnosis. Thankfully Friday was a developmental day and even though we had to work, the kids had the day off! We have another week of MEAP coming up and then it will be over.

I got a haircut on Saturday and then worked in the yard for a while. I pulled out all the tomato plants and other flowers that were done. I think we got a pretty hard frost last night so I will have to pull out the rest of the flowers sometime this week or next weekend.

Howard finished staning the deck. Hopefully it will be protected now for what's to come (like snow and winter).


We decided Charlie could behave without having to be crated since he's been doing it since summer so away went the crate and I got both dogs new beds. They are both making good use of them. In fact, they are in them right now as I write this!


This afternoon we went back to the high school and played some more. Howard came with us today so he tried throwing the frisbee towards me so I could get better pictures. Twice Zoe was so focused she ran right into me!




A couple more cute pictures for those dog lovers out there!




Have a great week!

No comments: