Sunday, September 7, 2008

Last Week...

Last week was a busy week. On Monday, Labor Day, Amber and Andy stopped in on their way from Muskegon to the airport to return home. Amber had a chance to take Howard's new car for a drive.

School started Tuesday and it was H-O-T and it got hotter on Wednesday. The weather man said Wednesday, at 93 degrees, was the hottest day of the summer so far! By Thursday things were cooling down a bit and it was much more comfortable in the building. We spent the week visiting classrooms while the teacher's tried to set our schedules. By Friday I had a pretty good idea of where I will be going and believe me, it's all over. I visit from kindergarten to 5th grade throughout the day. I think the only grade I'm not in is 3rd. I'm not complaining though as our two tough students from last year did not return to our building for which I am eternally thankful. I hope and pray they are getting the help they need in their new schools.

On Saturday I spent a good deal of time in the kitchen after a quick trip to the Farmer's Market. I made pizza from scratch and even used some pizza sauce I had made last weekend when I bought 1/2 bushel of tomatoes. I was praying the pizza would turn out well as I have lots of frozen pizza sauce. We could be eating pizza every week all winter! Here's the finished product, or one of them anyway. This one was for Scott with just pepperoni. I made Howard and I one with tomatoes, mushrooms and onions. They were pretty good overall and the crust was good.

I also spent a good deal of time trying to find us a place to stay in Hawaii. I thought I had a place but it doesn't seem to be working out. Tyler was going to try to check it out for me this weekend so I guess we'll see how that goes.

Today I decided to try pita bread. I think I might have cooked it a little too long as it's more crunchy than chewy. I guess I'll have to make pita chips instead and try again next week. I also made Scott's birthday cake.

We also spent a little time at the high school field, playing frisbee. Both dogs had loads of energy Saturday and Sunday so we spent a good deal of time running and playing, well the dogs did. I spent time throwing the frisbee! Today Zoe and Charlie both got some pretty good "air".

This one looks like Zoe was going to land right on Charlie, but she didn't.






Charlie is getting better, when Zoe gives him the chance!



Zoe was really tired!


Today there is a little touch of fall in the air. It was raining this morning as we headed off to pre-bowl. Yes, it's that time again, bowling will start next Friday. Our partner has to work, he's back on afternoons, so we had to pre-bowl and just hope he can make it once in a while. Let's just say, our team definitely has room for improvement.

Scott wants to have steak for his birthday dinner tonight. Steak and chocolate cake for dessert, yum!

No comments: