Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's Been A Busy Week...

It's been a busy week and I haven't even reported all the news from last week! While I was up north last week, Friday night specifically, Amber called to give me good news. She had just received her second (or is it third) promotion at AOL and she's only been there 1-1/2 years! She is now an Executive Producer! Great job Amber!! I know you work hard and I can always count on you for all the up-to-date news about what's going on in the world.
I was so busy running around and cleaning house on Monday that I totally forgot to go buy my special little guy a birthday present for his big day on Tuesday, Aug. 5. Charlie turned 1 year old on Tuesday!! This is how he spent his day.


But don't worry, I'll make it up to him. The next time I get a minute I'll take him shopping at his favorite pet store and let him pick out his own gift! Promise!!

So, on Tuesday we had company. Andy's parents, Bob and Kathy, came over and we all attended a Sheryl Crow concert. Thanks to a connection I can't talk about on here, we were able to actually MEET Sheryl Crow and spend some time with her. She is such a nice person, so down to earth and friendly. We also spent time with Bob and Kathy's special connection which was really nice too! Thanks again Bob, Kathy and SC (special connection)!! We had a great time meeting Sheryl and also attending the concert.


We tried to snap a couple pictures but since cameras aren't really allowed Howard was trying to sneak a couple pics but the really annoying "flashlight guy" kept coming over and saying "sir, no pictures", or something to that effect! It was a bit loud and I'm not sure exactly what he was saying but he did look annoyed! Bob and Kathy stayed with us for the night and then left the next morning. We had a really nice time and got to catch up which we hadn't been able to do since "the wedding" last fall.
Around the house things are really growing well. Things look lush and green! The tomatoes are doing well and I discovered this cucumber yesterday morning.

Last week they were just little things the size of my pinkie finger and then yesterday it was full size! The tomatoes I have planted in pots are getting so top heavy that every time there's a breeze the pots tip over!
These next few days are doing to be busy too. We have a Bar-B-Q to go to on Saturday and then another concert on Sunday and then something really big next week but you'll have to wait until then to find out what it is! But trust me, it's BIG!!

No comments: