Thursday, June 7, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

Today is my birthday. It has been a good day. It was also the first day of NO SCHOOL!! I thought I would sleep in a bit and get up without the alarm clock so when I woke up I did notice that it seemed a little dark for sleeping in. I sat up anyway and then noticed it was only 6:00 a.m.!! Too late, Zoe was up and ready to go so no sleeping in for me. However, the good news was that the battery for my new birthday present from Amber was fully charged so I could experiment and take some pictures. Amber very generously sent me a new digital camera for my birthday. My old one was starting to act up and wasn't taking the quality pictures that I wanted and of course, I wanted to be able to take great pictures at the wedding later this year. It was such a nice surprise to receive this gift and I have been busy all day experimenting with it. It has settings for so many different things. One of the things is "flowers" so I thought I would give it a try and take some pics around the house of the flowers in bloom.

I also went into school for a little while today to clean things out and say goodbye. As of now, I won't be returning to the school where I have worked for 12 years. I hear they are trying to find me more hours but in the meantime, I will be looking for more hours elsewhere. I will miss my friends and all the children there that I have come to love. It will probably hit me hard come September when I don't return there but go back for a visit. It never seems to be the same after you leave.

Tonight Howard and Scott took me out for a nice dinner. It was a rare pleasure to be in Scott's presence while eating out. Howard and I go out all the time but usually Scott is working on those nights. I've heard from everyone today except Tyler but I'm sure he will be calling me any minute. Hint, hint!!

I'm sure I will be keeping busy taking lots of pictures so I can be ready in September to take lots of pictures at the wedding. There is alot to learn on this little camera. I can highly recommend this camera if anyone is in the market for a new one. It's a Kodak Easyshare Z612 and with a memory card (which Scott got me for my birthday), you can take over 500 pictures!! You can also change easily from color to black and white to sepia and back to color. On my old camera I never seemed to be able to do that.

So enjoy the pictures and get ready for more to come!!



create your own slideshow

No comments: