Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

WINTER!!



Oh yea, Christmas too!!


But the snow is really coming down today. The snow plow in our neighborhood has been working overtime!! Soon H will be able to pull out his snow blower and crank it up for the first time this season.



As for me, I've been busy doing this!








These are just a few of the cookies I'm getting ready to give as gifts this week. I've also been wrapping the gifts for the families we've adopted at school. Now I just have to get them in there. Everyone at school on Friday was speculating that Monday could be a snow day. The secretary even typed out our fan out sheet just in case we get that call Monday morning. I just realized the other morning that now that I get up at 5:15 I'll be up 15 minutes before I get the call when the snow day call does come. Oh well, I can still go back to bed.

I have also finished up my Christmas shopping except for a few things I need to order on line. At least I won't have to go back to the mall for anything before Christmas. Good thing too because when I was out yesterday morning things were getting pretty busy by the time I was ready to head for home. I was at Kohl's around 8:30 and there was hardly anyone in there.

Only one more week of school left. This week will be busy and crazy. The kids won't be thinking about learning at all. They will only be thinking of Christmas and two weeks off! On Thursday our ESL department is having a small cookie exchange. There are only 7 people involved and we are only exchanging 1/2 dozen with each person so I think I'm only going to make 4 dozen cookies. This is a new recipe and I've never made it so I sure hope it comes out ok. It's called Oreo Cheesecake Cookies. They sound really good so I'm hoping they taste really good too! Usually I just make sugar cookies but I wanted to try something different this year.

So, I started writing this in the morning and it's been snowing ALL day! I'd say we have about 6 inches so I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be a snow day. There's no way the plows will get all the back roads plowed by the morning so they will have to cancel school. I don't really want to miss school and I will miss seeing the kids at one of my schools before Christmas if we don't have school tomorrow but I can really use the time to finish things up like wrapping, etc.

And after no fewer than 10 attempts to upload this video on YouTube, I have finally succeeded. Sadly, because I was so busy this weekend, I wasn't able to take the pups to the park. When allowed, they will make their own fun, especially in one of the season's first snows.


Have a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Gingerbread-bikini-women this year?!?

Deb said...

My head gingerbread-bikini-women maker hasn't arrived yet. Don't worry, it's part of the grand plan!