Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another Bunco Girls Weekend

This weekend was our summer Bunco Girls Weekend. Four of us headed up north Friday morning and the 5th followed later that afternoon. As soon as we decided our room and got settled and had a few snacks, we headed into downtown Traverse City for Friday Night Live. All kinds of interesting things were going on. They close down a couple blocks and you can just walk down the middle of the street.

The film festival starts Tuesday so we were a week early for that. A couple years ago when we were up there it was during this week and it was reported that Madonna and Michael Moore were both in town for the festival, both Michigan natives.

There were several small bands up and down the street.

We spent an hour or so walking around looking at the sites. Then it was back to the house for some girl time and visiting.

Not much of a sunset the first night as it was pretty cloudy but still a pretty nice evening.

The next morning, after a leisurely breakfast and rain showers, we headed up to Sutton's Bay for shopping and lunch. It was cloudy but only drizzled so it wasn't too bad walking around.

After lunch we decided to take a boat ride we had taken a couple years ago and had remembered as being fun. Here we are, looking forward to a fun time. Right after this picture was taken the boat loaded up with about 40-50 Indians, moms, dads, and many, many kids. Instead of sitting down on the benches they decided to stand along the railings, blocking our views and talking so loudly we couldn't really hear the captain telling us about all the lovely sights we were taking in.

The weather was still cloudy but at least it wasn't raining, yet.

Here are some lovely sights we saw along the way on our boat ride up the shoreline.

When we got home the light was so different looking on the golf course. It was almost like a fall sunset.

After being cloudy and gray all day the sun finally fell below the clouds and produced this gorgeous sunset for our last night there.

We enjoyed a dinner of appetizers and snacks we had all brought, sat outside on the deck talking until it started drizzling again and then decided to go inside and play a couple hands of Euchre. We stayed up a little later than planned and much later than I've stayed up lately. It was close to 1:00 a.m. when I finally turned the lights out.

This morning when we got up we were greeted with this beautiful sight!

Too bad we hadn't had this the day before but all in all we couldn't complain. At least it wasn't a total rainout.

It was a nice relaxing weekend, no drama, everyone got along. Can't complain about that!

No comments: