Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter and other exciting news!

Happy Easter to family and friends. We arrived safely at Amber & Andy's last night around 6:30 after a non-eventful 10 hour drive through Ohio and the mountains of Pennsylvania. Thankfully the weather was perfect for driving.

This morning we were up and out early. We headed for church around 8:30 and the place was pretty crowded. Andy told us that this church, Mount Olivet Methodist, was used as an army hospital during the civil war.

After about 1/2 hour Quinn decided she was bored with the whole church thing so she and I spent the rest of the hour outside enjoying the beautiful spring sunshine. Ok, after 20 minutes of crying we texted Mommy to hurry out to join us.

From church we drove in to Washington, DC and after a few starts and stops finally found a parking spot. Since the Cherry trees were all in bloom, downtown DC was a very popular place with tourists and locals alike.

These beautiful tulips were on our walk on the way to the White House.

First we walked down by the White House for a picture op.

We were heading down the street next to the White House but were turned back by the Police. Apparently something was going on there and everyone was being asked to leave the park directly across the street from the White House. We walked along until we came to the Washington Monument and noticed the police were stopping traffic and something was getting ready to come down the street.

Next thing we knew the police on motorcycles were coming first, then a few other black SUV's, probably secret service, then a limo, and then this limo!!

Apparently the first family was heading off to church. I couldn't believe the entourage that followed. It included an ambulance, a film crew and some military vehicles. It must have been at least 10+ vehicles. So exciting!! We just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

From there we headed down to the Tidal Basin to view the majority of the cherry blossoms. It was pretty crowded down there but we still managed to get a few pics.

We were a long way from the car by then so we made our way back and along the way I spotted these cute little Aussies. Looks like one is a miniature and one a toy. Made me miss my own fur kids a bit though I'm sure Scott is taking really good care of them.

When we got home it was time to change Quinn into her casual Easter outfit and take some pics with her Easter basket.

She's such a cutie. We all ate a quick lunch and decided it was nap time.

Amber made a great meal, ham, scalloped potatoes, salad and corn bread and it was so nice out we ate it out on the balcony of their condo.

Now we are all relaxed and Quinn has gone down for another nap. Guess all that fresh air and sunshine made her extra tired today.

Amber has two more days of maternity leave left and then H and I are on our own with Quinn the rest of the week. I'm really hoping we can keep her happy while Amber is at work. Fingers crossed!

No comments: