Sunday, January 10, 2010

Countdown...

We are now in serious countdown mode. Hopefully within the next 24 hours Amber & Andy will become parents and H and I will become Grandparents! How exciting is that news?

Amber and Andy will go into the hospital early tomorrow morning and the process will begin. The due date of January 7 came and went with little progress so now modern medicine will have to help out here. I am hoping and praying for a speedy delivery with not too much pain and no fainting (yes, Andy, I'm talkin' about you)! It will be hard to think about anything else tomorrow while I'm at work. I can't wait to hear that it's all over and a healthy baby girl has been welcomed into the world. And I can't wait to hear what they decided to name her. It's been a well-kept secret for a few weeks now. Guess they don't want any input from well-meaning family members.

Then all we have to go do is get through this week so that H and the boys and I can travel to Virginia next Saturday for our first meeting with the new family member. We are all so looking forward to that! The pups will stay home with our trusted house/pup sitter Beth. I know the fur kids will be well taken care of with her at the house.

Friday night was position night at bowling. We were in 3rd place and bowled the fourth place team. They had one team member missing and so did we. Unfortunately H and I both had to collect for High Game since we had both won it last time and that always distracts me from bowling. How we managed to take 2 games still amazes me. Really their last bowler blew the last game for them. He missed a spare, missing 1 pin. If he had gotten that it would have been all over as we only won by 4 pins! So now we are tied for 2nd place. We decided to pre-bowl this morning but I don't think we will do very well. Our best bowler, Bill, didn't hit his average once so that won't help us much. Oh well, it's only a game, right?

Saturday afternoon H and I and the boys went to see Sherlock Holmes. It was a pretty good movie and we enjoyed it.

Today I spent a good deal of time making dog food and dog cookies so the pups will have enough to eat while we are gone. The guys are only staying in VA for 4 days but I'm staying all week so I needed to make sure there was plenty of food made to last until I get back.

Not too much else is going on around here. It's been brutally cold and we've had a bit more snow. It was soft and fluffy when I took the pups to the high school field today. Charlie has been quite a stinker the last few times I've taken him. He hears some sound he doesn't like and takes off running and not just a short distance but far away from me. I call and call him but he doesn't even look back. Finally after a few minutes he turns around and heads back to me. It's really annoying to be ignored by him. I guess I'll have to put him on a long line so I don't have that problem.

Look how happy Zoe looks! She was having a blast out there today in that soft, powdery snow.






The hot water heater replacement went smoothly last Sunday. H turned our house water off at 12:15 and by 2:45 it was back on and a few hours later we had hot water again. Thank goodness he is so handy and thank goodness the stupid thing didn't crack and leak 50 gallons of water all over the basement floor. No if he could only get the furnace to work right. The stupid thing has been giving us trouble for a couple months now. It will work fine and then all of a sudden won't come on. You can feel it getting colder and colder and then have to go down to the basement to reset the thing. Just now he went down to reset it but it's not coming back on and I can feel it getting colder and colder in here. Not good. Especially in the dead of winter! Brrr! I just don't want it to break down while we are gone next weekend and have no heat in the house. That would be a disaster!

I'll be posting pictures of the new baby, what's-her-name, as soon as I get some!

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

Wishing everyone the best, the smoothest delivery, and the happiest nest weeks imaginable. Grandparenting rocks, let me assure you!

Deb said...

Thanks Lynilu! It's Monday afternoon, 4:44 and things are still moving along. Hopefully later tonight we'll have that baby!! So far, so good. Thanks for the good wishes!