Sunday, January 14, 2007

Moving Day & More.....

Well, lots of things are happening with the Mitchells. Last Thursday I had to make another trip back to the Dr. The diagnosis was "strep throat" this week! I'm back on antibiotics again and trying to rest and get well soon. Thankfully I have a long weekend to try to recuperate. Lots of kids, especially in the kindergarten class, have been out with either the flu, strep and even a couple cases of head lice. I guess of the three I would choose strep!! Here's the new aquarium. I've already lost 2 of the 6 fish. The fish store tells me that can be part of the "process". Just hope I don't lose any more. Amber has been packing all week and should be driving to D.C. as I write this. She has a week until her new job starts to get acclimated to her new town. Tyler is busy packing. We went out last night and bought him a huge suitcase and some essentials for his move like shorts and t-shirts since he will be able to leave his sweats and coats behind. I was just looking at the Weather Channel's site and the record lowest temperature ever on Oahu is 52!! Imagine. It's supposed to be in the 80's there all next week whereas it's in the 20's here. It's also been very gray and I can't really remember when I last saw the sun. That's really the worst thing about living in Michigan. I don't mind the cold or the snow but I do hate the gray. It's just so depressing! Tyler will have quite the temperature shock but it will be a good one and he's looking forward to it. We woke up today with freezing rain and quite a bit of it. The roads were a mess when I ran out to the grocery store earlier today. Now it's mostly slush but there is a winter storm watch for tonight until tomorrow morning. If we were having school tomorrow we would probably have to have a snow day but luckily we are off because of MLK's Birthday. Thank you Dr. King!! Tyler leaves at 7:00 Tuesday morning. Since the airport is more than an hour away he will be up very early that day and with the time changes and all it will be a late night when he arrives there at 7:30 p.m. which will be 1:30 a.m. our time. He has a 6 hour layover in Vegas. Good thing he's a night owl. It's going to be very quiet around here with Tyler gone. :-(

No comments: