Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

My family has always made Mother's Day special for me. In the past few years we haven't always been all together but they still find a way to make me feel like a special Mama. They all still tell the sad tales of woe of having to go to Bordine's with me on Mother's Day to help find and then help plant the plants and flowers we bought. Most Mother's Days were just time spent together, nothing fancy. We didn't go out to dinner, just cooked at home. Just like tonight. H took charge of the steaks, Tyler handled the potatoes and salad, Scott took care of clean-up. And H even attempted dessert! Can't wait to dig into that later. Tyler bought me these lovely tulips and I received wonderful cards from everyone. I am one lucky Mama. Such a great family. Here are a few things I've seen around the house this past week. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous! Until today. Today it was gray (with a tiny bit of sun), chilly (only in the high 40's, low 50's) and a bit rainy/snowy. Not cold enough to stick (the snow) but I will definitely be covering plants up tonight! Plants like these peonies that have grown like crazy this past week. H got the flower boxes up last weekend. Yesterday I bought some pansies and I'll plant them in there later in the week. The geese paid a visit last week and the dogwood is blooming. Yesterday was sunny and we enjoyed a few minutes out on the deck. The potatoes and porch lettuce are doing well. I'm keeping my tomatoes under the porch until the weather warms up a bit. I spent a little bit of time this weekend baking. I'm getting a little package ready to send to a special little someone! That's all the news worth reporting. The tender plants are covered for the night and I'm hoping that will be the last time I have to do that! Have a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures, as always!