Sunday, January 13, 2013

January Thaw

Well, at least one day of thaw! Yesterday was beautiful! Warm, sunny, melting. When I went for my walk yesterday afternoon it was 60+ degrees!
It gave me enough time to get things picked up in the yard and take some Christmas decorations down. H finished up taking down the decorations (lights) today. Just in time too because the colder weather returned along with a little rain.
Last Friday night at bowling we took all 4 points so I believe we are in first place by one point. This week we bowl the second place team however one couple in the team won't be there! Yea! Also at the last bowling I won Ladies High Game! It was a whole $32. I had only bowled a 176 so I can't believe I even won.
Our little sweetheart celebrated her third birthday on Friday. It was relatively low key, just family and friends, no crazy kids party. She really enjoyed her Birthday cake and blowing out the candle.
My pups are bummed because there were no walks this weekend or trips to the park but Zoe did enjoy a little deck time yesterday.
That's about it. I spent lots of time this weekend decluttering and organizing. In the process of cleaning, I've found so many things in the cupboards that have expired! One of my resolutions this year is to save money by not buying things unless I know I'm going to use them fairly soon. I must have thrown out 8-12 cans of stuff. Mostly soups, but still!
Nothing much else going on here. We are in the midst of the Winter doldrums. This little thaw has confused the wildlife. Today there were 4 ducks at the bird feeder and a few more in the pond. Hopefully they will stay warm for the next few months until Spring arrives for real! Have a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update!