Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Spring, Happy Pups, Happy Family & Happy Birthday!!

Yes, it's officially Spring. And yes, we've had some warmer temps and major melting. This is what the pond looked like on Monday, complete with this beautiful pair of Canadian geese.

And this is what it looked like today.


A pair of ducks have become regulars too. Today I saw the male quite close to shore and then later they were both at the bird feeder. I'll have to remember to pick up some cracked corn for them this week. They seem so hungry!


So Friday night was bowling. H got back from Miami Thursday night so our whole team was present for bowling. We bowled a team that's way down near the bottom of the list but we had to give them 150 points! Ouch! We lost the first game by about 40 points. Then we won the second by about 60 and won the third too so we got 3 points, two games plus totals! That should help us move up a little. I think we are in 6th or 7th place.

Saturday morning we had to get busy because H had to leave for the airport around 10:00. He's off to South Korea this week! He was running to the bank and dry cleaners while I was printing his business cards. Apparently it's a sign of respect to give people your business cards there and he had given them all out while in Miami. Thank goodness we had some card stock here. He left here at 12:30 p.m. and arrived in Korea at 3:30 Sunday afternoon Korea time.

The weather was actually dry and sunny on Saturday so I was able to take the pups to the high school field for some frisbee. Boy, were they happy!









When we were finished we sat and enjoyed a little sunshine and practiced being patient. We really need to work on that.

Saturday night before I went to bed I decided to go outside and see what all the fuss was about with the full moon. It was full but it didn't seem any fuller than any other full moon. At least the sky was clear, no clouds, so I could get a couple pictures. It's amazing to me that my camera can do this!


I had fun Skyping with Quinn several times this past week. Apparently I'm her dinner-time entertainment!! She's actually asking to call me now, going to the computer and saying, "Mimi, Mimi"! She's so darn smart! I loved this picture of the little family. Can you tell what team they like?? Love it!


So, it's officially Spring! Yesterday it really felt like it. Today, not so much. It was cloudy and now, tonight, it's raining. The predicted thunderstorms are Springlike but later this week the forecasters are predicting freezing rain and snow showers again. I've been thinking Spring though. I bought my potato and onion starts yesterday and was hoping to find some lettuce for my porch pots but they haven't come in to the nursery yet. This flowering plant was the closest thing to Spring I could find.


Today Scott took the pups to the high school early because I thought it was going to rain earlier but it held off until this evening. They were so nice and calm all afternoon.



Tomorrow is Tyler's 26th birthday. Another birthday spent far away from home but I'm sure he'll have fun with his friends. We miss you son! Later this week he and H will be spending some time together. Tyler is traveling up to Seoul to see H for a day and evening. I wish I could be there too but it's just too expensive. But Dad is bringing a few gifts. I hope they work out for you son! Happy Birthday and I love you very much!


Our testing is winding down. We are finishing up a few kids this week and then finishing our paperwork. I'll be glad to get back to my normal schedule soon.

Have a good week!

No comments: