Sunday, September 11, 2016

Happy Summer!

So many things are/have been going on the last couple weeks! First, I was treated to a lovely dinner by my ESL friends. They bought me 2 Alex and Ani bracelets which, I admit, I didn't know much about. One was "Guardian of Knowledge" for the past, and the other a pretty sand dollar, for future adventures in Florida.
A few days after that we had the official Retirement Party after school. Only 3 of the 4 retirees made it to the party but it was very well attended by lots of old and new friends. My gift from that party was 3 more Alex and Ani bracelets!! So now I have "a party on my arm" as my daughter calls it!
Just a few days after the retirement party it was the end of the school year. I took what I needed to from my room but it didn't add up to much as I won't really need it so I left it for my friend, Heather, who will hopefully take over at NSE for me. It was kind of unemotional leaving that day. I don't think it will really hit me until I realize I'm not going back there in the fall. I didn't have a lot of time think about things because the next day I left for Amber's for a 6 day stay! She and Andy had a wedding to attend over the weekend so I was on Mimi duty. Quinn was still in school. They had an extra two weeks thanks to all the snow days they had last winter. Berit was out though so she and I hung out. Saturday she had a birthday party to attend so Quinn and I both took her. Good thing Quinn was with me because Beri got shy and refused to go into the play area of this place called Busy Bee's. Quinn couldn't go on any of the bouncy houses or equipment but she could go in and got Berit going at least. I also got to go to Berit's last ballet class where parents could go in and watch what they'd been learning. It was a great visit and I just got back on Wednesday.
Things are slow in the house selling department. We've only shown it about 5 times since we went with the Realtor. Most comments, while they loved the house, were concerning our pond which people insist on calling a "swamp"!! It's one of the things we love most about the house but it's not for everyone, especially if they have small children, even though it's not deep it's still not something you want your little kids playing in. Once Zoe ran off and when she came back she was black up to her elbows on all four legs after a romp in the "pond"! Yesterday, however, we had people who seemed more interested than most so we have our fingers crossed. It only takes one, as we keep telling ourselves. On the plus side, the house and yard look awesome and we are enjoying an absolutely gorgeous Michigan summer!

No comments: