Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ahhhhh...

It was short, but oh so sweet!



We flew into Tampa a week ago on Saturday. H was there for the week, well Tampa and Orlando, but I was just there for a long weekend. We stayed at H's sister's house and arrived just in time for her bi-monthly poker game with friends. They played some crazy games, most we had never heard of like Dr. Pepper, 3,6,9; screw your neighbor, other games I can't even remember. I'm afraid we were pretty boring, just playing plain old 7 card draw or stud when it was our turn to deal. Hopefully we won all or at least most of Sharon's money back for her by the end of the night.

On Sunday we were invited to go out on a friend's son's boat. We were going out in the Bay to fish. This guy was waiting for handouts on the dock.


Unfortunately, almost as soon as we got in the boat, Mike realized that we didn't having a fishing license which we needed in order to fish. Rather than hold up the trip we decided to just watch and enjoy the water and sunshine.



It was beautiful out there. The bay was smooth as glass. Mike caught this Sheep's Head but it was just a little too short to keep.


Apparently he caught another one too, a puffer fish, but somehow I missed that completely. That one wasn't a keeper either. We also saw sting rays and small sharks but the coolest thing was dolphins! They were so quick it was impossible to get a picture of them. This was the best one I got.


There were a few small pods of them with maybe 4 or 5 dolphins together. The coolest thing was that it was so quiet and still out there you could hear them come up for air. The sound really carried.

It was a really enjoyable day.


The sun felt incredible, so nice.

The next day Sharon had to go to work so we headed over to Pass-A-Grille and Camelot. The place was much more crowded than when we were there in August. The beach was beautiful,

the water cool

and the seagulls chill.


On Tuesday I came back to reality and H headed over to Orlando for a conference. On Friday he was finished with work and had more time to hang out with his sister and brother Bo and family.

On Friday we had 3-4 inches of snow. It's probably the most snow we've had at one time this winter and it was quite cold this past week.


At least today the sun was out but it was still really cold, in the 20's.


I only have 4 days of work this week and then on Friday I'm off to see my little sweetheart for a long weekend. I have next Monday and Tuesday off so I'll have Saturday, Sunday and Monday there and then return on Tuesday.

I'll be missing bowling on Friday so hopefully my team will take a few points. It's not like I'm helping them that much lately anyway.

I know Virginia won't be as warm as Florida but hopefully it will be warmer than Michigan. Hopefully I can leave my coat at home!

Have a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring your coat!