Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pain, Suffering and Crappy Weather...

So, Thanksgiving has come and gone. I didn't spend the whole day cooking but we still had plenty to eat. I forgot to buy the ingredients I usually use for our traditional cheeseball but I just happened to have similar ingredients on hand so we didn't have to go without but it still wasn't quite as good as the usual one. The turkey was moist and the rest of the dinner was good.

The rest of the weekend is a bit of a blur to me. I was in a good amount of pain on Friday, Saturday and Sunday on account of that stupid flu shot. My muscle in my arm felt like it was spasming, like when you get a charlie horse in your leg in the middle of the night but I couldn't "walk it off". It got pretty bad. Finally on Monday I decided to take the muscle relaxer during the day, which I hadn't been doing. I slept off and on all day but at least the spasming stopped. Tuesday I went back to work and while I wasn't pain free it wasn't enough to stay home. I had put in a call to the Dr. on Monday but he wasn't in. Tuesday evening he called and after talking to him for a while he determined that the shot had probably hit a nerve since I had some numbness and tingling. He gave me an appointment for Thursday evening but the pain seemed less and less every day so I ended up cancelling the appointment. While I can't say I'm completely pain or numbness free, it mostly feels better with intermittent times of pain and tingling. The muscle still aches from time to time, like right now! Ouch! I'm not sure what the Dr. can really do. I'll give it a couple more weeks and then probably have to seek further treatment, whatever that might be. I'm absolutely sick of it, that's for sure.

There's not much else going on around here. We did wake up to this on Wednesday morning.

When I came home for lunch that day the sun was out and it was gorgeous. It was a wet snow so it stuck to everything.

Since then we've had some sunny days and then rain all weekend. The weekend was absolutely horrid. It was dark gray and rainy off and on all weekend. The snow is all gone now and it feels a bit balmy out this evening. It won't last long as we have colder temps predicted for the week and more snow on the way.

We've started decorating for Christmas. Scott got the outside lights and stuff up last weekend. This weekend H put up the big tree and put the lights on and some of the decorations. I put up the kitchen tree and snow baby tree but haven't decorated them yet. Hopefully I'll get around to that during the week sometime.

I was followed around by two sad little puppies all weekend. They really wanted to go somewhere, anywhere, but it was just too wet out. They had to settle from tome fetch in the living room. We couldn't do that too much either now with the tree up.

So, that's about it. Nothing exciting going on. Maybe next post I'll have some pictures of the Christmas decorations up.

H is so lucky! He gets to go back to South Korea and will get to see Tyler again. I am so jealous! In January it will be 2 years since I've seen Tyler. That's way too long. Hopefully H will take lots of pictures!

Have a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope this week is better than last week!