Sunday, October 10, 2010

Beautiful Fall Weekend...

It was a perfect fall weekend. Some might even call it an Indian Summer weekend. The temps were in the mid 70's, beautiful, clear blue sky and absolutely gorgeous!

I took the pups to the high school field on Saturday just before noon and this is what I was greeted with as I got out of the car!


The trees are beginning to turn and every now and then you get a beautiful shot of fall colors.


The pups were so happy to get out and run.
Here they are waiting patiently for me to throw the frisbee and take a couple pics.

However, it doesn't last long. Charlie's patience is not what he's known for! In no time he's getting sassy with me!


We played in this field for a while then decided to walk over to what's known as the soccer field. The colors were pretty on this side too!



We played and played, jumps were made (but pictures missed) until everyone was tired and ready to go home!





I caught up on laundry and general chores the rest of the day; nothing exciting. H worked on the window trim again and I think he has finally finished all 6 windows, 3 floors high, on the south side of the house. It's slow work because when is up 3 stories he has to be careful and work slowly. That's a long way to fall off the ladder!

Today I took the pups up to the high school again as it was another beautiful day. I took 2 and almost came home with only 1. We lost Charlie for about 15 minutes today. After playing in the big field (the football practice field) I decided to let them walk through the woods. When we play in this big field they always go to the trail opening in the woods and want to go inside. So I thought today would be a good day to give it a try. We weren't in 30 feet when Charlie's camouflaged fur was blended in to the woods and of course, since he has crap for a recall, he was gone in no time. Zoe stays pretty close to me but after I lost Charlie I wasn't taking any chances and put her on the leash. Usually to help me out when I'm calling him she runs off to get him for me but it was clear, he was nowhere near us so I didn't want to lose her too! We somehow lost the trail and were kind of blindly thrashing our way through the brambles when we finally came out on the other side. I had been calling Charlie's name the whole time with no luck. We walked back toward the football field calling his name all the time. I was just about to call H and Scott and ask them to come help me look for him when he came hauling butt from the football field. When he got to us he barked and barked at us as if to say, "where the hell have you guys been??" I'm just glad he didn't run off further than he did. Sometimes when he gets panicked he just runs off blindly. It was back on the leash for him and straight to the car. I'd had fun enough for one day!

Other than that little excitement and the weather there's not much more going on around here that's worth writing about.

In Virginia there was plenty of excitement. Quinn was baptized today.


Andy's parents and his sister were there for the ceremony.


Amber said Quinn cried when the water was sprinkled on her head! That's so funny because usually she loves water but I guess when some strange guy is sprinkling it on you that's a different story.

This next week is going to be a busy one for me. We have MEAP testing this week which is our state standardized tests for 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. Apparently I have to help with the testing for the ESL students at my other school too but I don't know the schedule yet. As if that wasn't enough, we also have two nights of conferences and then I have Bunco Thursday night too! And then on Friday I am jetting off to Virginia to visit my darling Granddaughter and family for a long weekend! We have Friday off for a Developmental Day and I'm taking Monday as one of my non-paid mandatory days. I'm really looking forward to the weekend and seeing how much Quinn has changed in the last 5 weeks. I hear she has 4 new teeth and is crawling!! How fun!

Have a great week! I'll be back with pictures after my weekend visit!

No comments: