Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's Really Cold But At Least It's Sunny...

And most of the snow is gone. The snow on the ground is gone but there are still piles everywhere where it was stacked up after each snowfall.

Friday night we had bowling. When we got there we discovered we were in first place, all by ourselves. Only by one point but still, we were in first. One of our partner's wasn't there because he had to work so it was just H, Judy and me. We had to give the other team 116 pins! And yet, miraculously, we won all 4 points. The second game I bowled a 202 and won Ladies High Game and $28! I think that's only the second time I've ever won it. The third game Judy bowled a 209! We were smokin'!!! Howard has been bowling really well lately but Friday night he was struggling a bit. We still managed to win all 3 games and take totals. I hate to say it but I have no idea what the other team, who was right behind us, did. Even if they took 4 too we should still be in first place by that one point! Wooohoooo! I wish it could last and we could take home that fabulous trophy but it probably won't happen. I'm going to try to stay positive though. We only have 4 more bowling nights left.

Saturday was sunny but really cold. I thought I was being smart and decided to take the pups up to the high school field as they really wanted to go out and run!



Everything was just great until I noticed that these brown icicles were hanging from their fur on their legs!! When we got home I tried to brush and pick it off but it wasn't budging so the only thing left was to put them in the tub. Howard held Charlie while I took Zoe up and put her in the big tub of water which instantly turned brown! I quickly got her icicles off and called for Charlie. What a mess! There were little brown frozen mud balls all the way from the back door, through the hallway, up the stairs and into the bathroom!! Once they dried off I decided to try to take them each for a walk. I took them separately since I figured that would be easier and it was. It felt good to get out and walk them even though it was freezing!!


Today I took them back to the high school field but the ground was frozen today so we didn't have the mess of yesterday.

The temp was 19 degrees and it was windy so you know it was even colder. Thankfully I bought a new coat this winter and it has come in handy during the coldest winter I can remember!


So, the weekends over. Time to go back to work. Have a good week!

No comments: