Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Flowers Are In...

Well, most of the flowers anyway. Saturday morning I made a quick trip to the local nursery to pick up a few more flats of flowers. I planted my porch pots and window boxes and Howard helped with the beds.

Look at this lettuce I'm growing in a pot!

I'm also trying to grow some scallions in a pot this year.

Here's the bed with the tulips still blooming. I can't remember what the name of this purple flower is but it's a bulb. This is the first year I've planted them.



Both of us were complaining about our "aching backs". We must be getting old!! I still have two more beds to plant annuals in but the one still has tulips blooming so I'll wait a little longer to plant there.
Today I went to a bridal shower for the daughter of one of my Bunco friends, Barb. Her daughter and Amber played volleyball together back in high school! I won a take-away gift but no skill was involved. I just happened to be sitting in the right seat!
Amber and Andrew flew to Tampa for the weekend to celebrate her birthday. Amber took Andrew by our old house and she commented to me on how much smaller the yard looks than she remembers! I can remember having that same thought when I went back to visit my old house in Long Beach. It looked way too small for us to have actually lived in and yet we did, for 10 years! After visiting Tampa they headed over to the beach for a nice, relaxing weekend!
Tyler has started his summer class and will be making another move at the end of the month. He'll still be in Honolulu but he and two of his buddies are moving to a new apartment.
Scott is helping around the house with chores since he's only working two days a week right now. He worked last week getting the mulch layed down in our beds. Howard has made him a nice "to do" list to keep him busy until Scamp starts at the end of June.
I took the pups up to the high school field yesterday for a nice long run. It was a gorgeous day, sunny, breezy and not too hot! Today Howard took them while I was at the shower. They are sleeping like little babies right now after all that exercise. Today before I left for the shower I was standing at the front door and turned around to see this.

Zoe ducked under Charlie and he just stood there! They stood like that for a couple minutes! It was so funny!

Here's a more serious pose. Notice the elegant crossing of the legs, Andy!! He's such a little gentleman!!

I'm still counting down until school is out. Only 18 days to go!! That's the good news. The bad news is the kids are at their worst the last couple weeks of school. They don't want to be there any more than the teacher's do! After this week we have a 4 day weekend to look forward to! WooHoo!!
Have a great week everyone!

No comments: