Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bunco Girls Weekend - Part II

We drove up to Traverse City on Friday and by dinner time all the girls had arrived. We had a nice dinner of lasagna (prepared by Cheryl) and foccacia bread (prepared by me) and a nice salad. After dinner we just sat out on the deck and relaxed and watched falling stars until bedtime, of course talking the whole time! Saturday morning I prepared Dutch Babies for the gang. They are always a hit and one of the best recipes my Mother ever gave me. After breakfast we split into two groups, some going to the beach, some going into Elk Rapids for a sidewalk sale. We met back at the house around 3:00 to get ready to go to a few wineries in the area. It was a beautiful day and drive to reach the first winery. I actually found a couple wines that I liked and ended up buying a couple bottles, mostly for Howard since he had to stay home and do the dirty work over the weekend. We went to another winery but I decided not to drink anything there as I had had enough! I did pick up a couple good recipes there though. That night we walked to the "club" right there in Pam's neighborhood for dinner. They have a Happy Hour at 7:30, complete with a bagpiper! After a wonderful dinner we headed back to the house to play Apples to Apples. We always have a good time and a good laugh playing this game. Sunday morning we got up and had a leisurely morning before getting on the road. We took our time and payed for it later with lots of traffic back-ups involving everyone and his sister coming back from their weekend up north! I had a nice time and it's always good to hang out with your girlfriends but I was also glad to be home again, to sleep in my own bed, hug my husband and pet my doggie!

The girls


Pretty sunset


Pretty Sunflowers

Bagpiper

No comments: